Barbiero Bisch O'Connor & Commander LLP are seeking an Associate Attorney in our Melville Office who has experience in litigation defense with an emphasis on Medical and Hospital Malpractice, Construction Accident Litigation and General Tort Liability. The attorney should have experience in all phases of defense litigation including depositions, motion practice, court proceedings and file management.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our rapidly growing firm.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies
- Prepare and draft legal documents, written reports, strategy and legal developments on behalf of clients
- Motion practice
- Legal/Medical research
- Conducting and/or defending legal depositions
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admission to New York State Bar Association
- At least 3 years prior civil litigation experience (medical malpractice defense preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent legal acumen
- Self-Starter with ability to manage caseload from inception to completion
- Must be a team player
Barbiero Bisch O’Connor & Commander offer an excellent competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision), 401K match, corporate discounts and more.
Salary commensurate with experience.